Delivering a significant employee experience is critical to attract and retain potential talent.
Taking a disciplined, in depth insights-driven approach, organizations should try to transform their HR business to assist increase talent engagement and productivity.
In a digital world with increasing transparency, employees expect a productive, interactive and pleasant work experience. Rather than focusing too narrowly on employee engagement, culture and small activities, these days companies are planning to deploy an integrated focus on the complete employee experience, as it also plays an important role in brand building. Through new approaches such as design thinking and employee journey maps, HR departments are now focusing on understanding and improving this complete experience.
Just as marketing, product and research teams have moved beyond customer satisfaction to look at complete customer experience. Human Resource is magnifying its efforts on building processes, programs, strategies, and towards the teams that could continuously improve all employee experience. A productive, positive employee experience has emerged as the new contract between employer and employee.
Technology is an Enabler
In today’s era technology in is contributing a bigger role than ever before in employee satisfaction journey. Advanced Technology is enabling companies to provide access to information and resources anywhere, anytime. Automation and Artificial Intelligence, coupled with advanced analytics, can largely be used to predict and preempt issues, that is leading to reduce frustration and helping to increase workforce productivity.
Companies can adopt to few approaches below to improve their employee experience:
- Organizing effective HR Function
THE “MOMENTS THAT MATTER”
- Develop advanced analytics capabilities
- conduct HR services around workforce needs.
- Implement easy interface to change from existing process/standards-based approaches.
- Introduce customer-focused mindset and behaviors.
- Transforming Human Resource
To enable responsiveness and focused approach
- Simplify and standardize processes.
- Automate and provide self-service to give employees access anytime, anywhere.
- Develop Enthusiasm
- Use analytics-driven insights to derive the HR Campaigns
- Form a technology ecosystem that can anticipate what employees want—and may need—to preempt issues.
- MEASURE, ADJUST
Understanding what makes your employees tick is not a one-time thing. It’s important to continually track behaviors, mindsets and problems that face your workforce every day and evolve how you address these.
- Use advanced analytics to both measure performance against “Moments that Matter” and monitor changes in what those moments are.
- Focus on a few outcome-based measures for things that can actually be addressed.
- Adjust based on insights.
- Prepare to continually evolve and improve.
General Manager –Service Delivery, HR Global Operations